what is passive income
Passive income refers to money earned regularly with minimal effort or direct involvement. Unlike active income, which requires ongoing work and time investment, passive income streams generate money even when you're not actively working on them. The concept of passive income is often associated with financial independence and the ability to have more time freedom.
Passive income can be generated through various sources, including:
- Investments: Earnings from investments such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate properties, and dividend-paying stocks can provide passive income.
- Rental Properties: Owning and renting out real estate properties can generate rental income.
- Royalties: Authors, musicians, artists, and inventors can earn passive income through royalties from their books, music, art, or patents.
- Digital Products: Selling digital products like e-books, online courses, and software can create a passive income stream.
- Affiliate Marketing: Earning commissions by promoting other companies' products or services through affiliate marketing programs.
- Peer-to-Peer Lending: Lending money to individuals or businesses through peer-to-peer lending platforms can generate interest income.
- Dividend Income: Owning shares of companies that pay dividends to shareholders can provide a steady stream of passive income.